Information on being a NYX Representative
**Update 6/09** NYX Cosmetics is no longer accepting applications for new Reps. I am leaving this up for reference. I know nothing more than that. I do not work for NYX.
One of my lovely readers asked me a few questions on some of the finer points of being a NYX rep. Since there isn’t a lot of information on the ins and outs of the program, I thought I’d share my knowledge with all of you.
- For NYX there is no stipulation in where you have to sell a certain amount of product in a particular time frame in order to stay in the program. It is very possible to purchase the option that you want, (I chose plan B) and never have to order from them again. So there is no pressure to meet a selling or buying quota.
- There are two options in the home sales. I chose the “Option B” plan. So all of my info is directed towards this option, which in my opinion is the BEST option. Here is what was sent to me by NYX:
Selling Option A
You can sale as a sales representative for NYX and earn commission at the end of the month.
- Option A:
You are a sales Representative for NYX cosmetics that will go out and sell NYX products to general public. The Representative will receive 30% commission on the gross sales amount at the end of the month.
If sales are made in California, there will be and 8.25% sales tax.
If sales are made in another state, there will be no sales tax.
Rep. Takes the orders sends them to NYX.
NYX will ship all products with USPS regular ground shipping to customers.
With orders over $50.00 the customers will not have to pay shipping.
A $6.00 Shipping fee will be added to those orders under $50.00.
All orders must be pre-paid with money order or credit card.
- The W-9 form is only needed if you choose to be a sales rep with commission from Option A. if you choose Option B we do not need the form back.
Package # A is $10.00 and it comes with the following:
- NYX representative official card
- 2 catalogs
- 2 order forms
- & a goody bag as a gift for you
You can purchase products from NYX at 50% off and sell to the general public yourself.
- Selling option B:
The Representative will go out and sell NYX products to the general public. This Representative will purchase products and sell their own inventory.
NYX will give 50% OFF the products which will give the representative a 100% profit on their investment.
For this option you must provide NYX with a sales permit.
If the Rep. does not have a sales permit, NYX will still Give 50% OFF but it will be + tax.
Rep. can charge tax to general public and get their investment back.
Package # B is $ 60.00 it comes with all of the items in package #1 plus,
- A large Carrying case for make up
- Various cosmetics testers in retail valued over $ 600.00
- NYX is not like Avon, in which you have to recruit people to sell the company’s products in order to make money. You deal directly with the company itself, and there is absolutely no recruiting to be done.
- For returns, each option is a little different. For option A, if a person wants a refund, I believe they would contact NYX about a return or exchange. However, I’m just guessing on this one. When it comes to Option B, you are the one responsible to giving the buyer’s money back, since you have purchased the products out right from NYX. This subject did not come up in my talks with NYX.
If there is anything you gals need to know, just leave me a comment And, just to refresh your memory, here is the picture of the testers you receive with the Option B plan. This DOES NOT come with the Option A plan.