Here is a list of my all time favorite scents. The nice thing about this list, is that everything on this list is affordable and easily available to just about everyone.
1. Island Cottage (Details Bath & Body) - Details Bath & Body is a brand that is exclusive to Walgreens and Walgreens.com. Island Cottage is the most gorgeous Gardenia scent that I have ever come across. Island Cottage is available in an array of items including body mist and body wash. The line normally sells for $5.99 for one full sized item or 2 for $10.
2. Fantastic Dream (Preferred Fragrances) – This is probably the hardest to find fragance on this list. This is a knock off version of Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears, and smells identical to the more expensive fragrance. I wear this fragrance everytime I’m in a bad mood, because it automatically makes me happy. I can sniff my wrist all day without getting tired of the scent. Even though this is a knock off version, the staying power of this is outstanding, and I can still smell it at night when I apply it in the morning. This knock off version runs about $4-$5 per bottle at select Dots, Cato’s and Beall’s Outlets. I’ve even seen the real Midnight Fantasy as low as $20 at different places as well.
3. Black Amethyst (Bath & Body Works) – I fell in love with this musky, cirtusy scent when it debuted last year. I find it to be very enjoyable and relaxing. A lot of people don’t like this scent, but I am definitely in the love catergory. I also have the scent in the room fragrance oil and spray. Love it!! This scent is found at Bath & Body Works and the line goes between $9 to $20.
4. Japanese Cherry Blossom (Bath & Body Works) This is another scent from Bath & Body Works that I have loves consistantly for years. This is a spicy floral scent that I just cannot get enough of. I stock up on this scent during every Semi Annual Sale, because I’ll eventually go through everything I have. This scent is found at Bath & Body Works and the line goes between $9 to $20.
5. Soap & Glory (Target) – This scent doesn’t have a name. but anyone who is familar with this brand knows exactly what I’m talking about. This sent isn’t available in a mist or a parfum, but it is available in the body lotion, tub body butter, hand cream, shower cream and the body scrub. I’m not sure how to describe this sent, some have described it as floral, feminine and masquline all at once. I just call it amazing and that everyone needs to smell this stuff. Available from Target in the US and Boots in the UK. Price ranges from $10 to $20 in the stores.
I have amazing skin – I’m not bragging, it’s just honesty. I rarely get breakouts unless it’s a reaction to another product. However this winter has been uncommonly cold for N.E. Florida, and that has completely wrecked my skin. I usually have normal skin with an oily T-Zone, and it’s very low maintenance most days.
Thanks to consistent 30-40 degree weather here, my skin has completely dried out, and my once mostly normal skin has turned into a red, dry, flaking irritated mess. I tried using the CVS dupe of Cetaphil moisturizing cream on my face, you know the heavy duty one that comes in the huge ass tub? Well, all this cream did was sit on my face and basically refused to sink into my desperately dry skin. Four hours after applying the stuff, I ran and finger down my cheek and came away with it loaded with grease basically. So I returned that and began looking for something else that would help my poor skin.
The combination of products that finally helped my skin rebound was quite surprising. I ended up using my Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Lay it on Thick Shea Butter Cream and generic aloe vera on my face. I got my huge bottle of aloe from CVS for about $2.99. I applied the aloe first and then let that sink in for a few minutes and then I followed with the shea butter cream. The Lay it on Thick cream isn’t specifically designed for the face, but I had skin that was in major need of moisture, and that is what that product promises and delivered. The day after I started using those two products together I began to notice an immediate difference in my skin. It was smoother and the redness was beginning to go away.
So if you are dealing with the same problems I am dealing with this winter, give the shea butter cream a try. It’s a little pricey – but a little will go a long, long way and it made my skin feel amazing.
Name: Japanese Cherry Blossom Waterless Hand Sanitizer
Available: Bath & Body Works Stores, and Bath & Body Works Online
I have been a huge fan of waterless hand sanitizers for the longest time. I never go anywhere without one or five sanitizers in my purse. I always used to buy Purell and other brands similar to that one, before I came across these in Bath & Body Works. I always hated the smell of the sanitizers, but I loved the cool and refreshing feeling that they gave me. So I continued to use them, and I always applied hand lotion or creme after using these because they would dry my skin out to no end. It was very annoying.
Fortunately I was introduced to the these from B&BW and I can honestly say, that I will never willingly switch back to normal hand sanitizer. These run a little bit more expensive than your normal sanitizer, but I think the extra cost is well worth it. These come in a pump bottle, and they are actually foaming sanitizers. It’s liquid inside the bottle, but when you pump it out, it comes out as a sweet smelling foam. When you rub these into your skin, you still get the cooling sensation, but you DON’T get the usual dryness that comes with drugstore bought sanitizers. I feel that these sanitize your hands just as well as the Purell version, because they also contain alcohol, which is the main ingredient which kills the germs. The plastic jar contains about 1.7 fl oz of product with has lasted me a few months with constant use. Which for me is using several times daily.
Final Thoughts: I think this is a great product and it really works well. I do a lot with my hands at work and I constantly whip this stuff out to give me a little pick me up during the day. The scent is the same in these products as they are in the body care, so there is no problem of the quality between the two products. I highly recommend these to anyone who likes using hand sanitizer, and doesn’t enjoy the dry feeling you get after using one.
I went shopping at the mall today and I ended up picking up a few things when I was out. I headed over to MAC to return my Volcanic Ash scrub, because it caused me to break out MAC face products just do not get along with me. So I exchanged that for one of the new long wear lip colors from Lustre Twins. The one that I got was Ripe and Ready, which is a really pretty redish coral color. I am very pleased with it .
I also went to Icings By Claires and grabbed one of their new eyeshadows and a nail polish. The names of each product escapes me at the moment, but I plan on doing reviews on them soon.
After Icings, I headed over to B&BW to take advantage of their Clean Hands promo and stocked up on my fave soap, which is the moisturizing antibacterial soap in Japanese Cherry Blossom. I also grabbed some of that soap in Velvet Tubrose and Irresistible Apple. I wanted some of these soaps while they were on sale for 5 for $15. That is 3 Dollars a piece. I also got some small odds and ends, but nothing of great importance .
I hit up the local mall today, and to my complete and utter surprise my MAC counter in Belk had the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator in stock. Both of the free standing stores in my town have sold out of this black goopy gold, but I now have in my possession this product!!!