Name: Caress Evenly Gorgeous Body Wash & Body Bar
Price: $3-4 each
Available: Anywhere Caress is sold.
If I were rating this product just on quality alone, I would give this a perfect 5/5, however there is more to a product than just its quality. This is a new product to the Caress bath line, Evenly Gorgeous is a very nice exfoliating body wash that lathers nicely and leaves my skin feeling soft. The only thing I don’t like about Evenly Gorgeous is the scent.
I am very particular about my scents, and I almost always shy away from products that are food scented, such as vanila or sugar cookie. I do like some food scents, such as some apple scents, peppermint and certain citcrus elements when they are mixed with other scents. I do NOT like the scent of the Evenly Gorgeous set. It is a very sweet, sugary, syrupy, food type scent that reminds me of sugar cookies and vanila.
Honestly the smell turns my stomach and makes me want to vomit. All sugary smells, food smells do that too me. If the scent of this wash faded after getting out of the shower, then I wouldn’t mind using this wash on occasion. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your personal preference, the scent lingers on your skin long after the shower is over.
The beauty bar isn’t any better. This bar is susposed to be used on the face, and honestly using a bar on my face does not appeal to me at all. I much perfer using facial washes and scrubs that are liquid and come from a bottle or a tube. I used this once on my face and it was very awkward to handle, and I didn’t really like having the scent of Evenly Gorgeous on my face or near my face. I won’t be using this bar or any other facial bar again.
You can get more reviews on this product at Total Beauty….
I was recently given the chance to try this lotion from Crabtree & Evelyn, this was my first foray into the brand, even though I had heard of it before. The product, when applied to the skin leaves a nice lemon scent that I found to be extremely pleasant, however some people may not care for lemon. If you are one of those people, then this product is not for you. The main purpose of this lotion is to “revitalize the spirit and body” along with moisturizing said body as well.
When I applied this product, it was a light texture that sank into the skin easily, with no oily residue left on my skin. Unfortunately I was dissapointed in the moisturizing ability of this lotion. After the lotion first sank it, it felt wonderful, but my hands were just as dry as before an hour later. For the price of this lotion, normally $19.50 for 250 ml, I was expecting something that left my hands feeling soft longer than a few minutes. I also did not feel “revitalized” like the bottle claims. I will definitely not be repurchasing this product, if I ever finish the bottle I have now.
Available: Crabtree & Evelyn
Price: $19.50, on sale for $15.50
You can read more reviews on this product at TotalBeauty.Com
Name: Japanese Cherry Blossom Waterless Hand Sanitizer
Available: Bath & Body Works Stores, and Bath & Body Works Online
I have been a huge fan of waterless hand sanitizers for the longest time. I never go anywhere without one or five sanitizers in my purse. I always used to buy Purell and other brands similar to that one, before I came across these in Bath & Body Works. I always hated the smell of the sanitizers, but I loved the cool and refreshing feeling that they gave me. So I continued to use them, and I always applied hand lotion or creme after using these because they would dry my skin out to no end. It was very annoying.
Fortunately I was introduced to the these from B&BW and I can honestly say, that I will never willingly switch back to normal hand sanitizer. These run a little bit more expensive than your normal sanitizer, but I think the extra cost is well worth it. These come in a pump bottle, and they are actually foaming sanitizers. It’s liquid inside the bottle, but when you pump it out, it comes out as a sweet smelling foam. When you rub these into your skin, you still get the cooling sensation, but you DON’T get the usual dryness that comes with drugstore bought sanitizers. I feel that these sanitize your hands just as well as the Purell version, because they also contain alcohol, which is the main ingredient which kills the germs. The plastic jar contains about 1.7 fl oz of product with has lasted me a few months with constant use. Which for me is using several times daily.
Final Thoughts: I think this is a great product and it really works well. I do a lot with my hands at work and I constantly whip this stuff out to give me a little pick me up during the day. The scent is the same in these products as they are in the body care, so there is no problem of the quality between the two products. I highly recommend these to anyone who likes using hand sanitizer, and doesn’t enjoy the dry feeling you get after using one.
I think I am in love with a website. Dark Candles is a Dallas based business that creates homemade candles with some of the most awesome sounding fragrances. Not only does Dark Candles have handmade candles, they also have simmering oils (one of my fave things!) fragrance satchels, and best of all BATH & BODY STUFF!!!! They carry an entire line of body care, including scrubs, body creams, body mists and body oil. They also offer pure vegetable shea butter as well, in both scented and unscented choices. All of the bath and body care is made by hand and is made to order, so you know your getting something of quality!
Their prices are also insanely good – no single item in this store is more than $25, and that is being generous. Most of the body care ranges from $2 for the lipbalm to $12 for the huge sized body wash. The candles themselves clock in at around $16 for the large pillars and $2 for a single votive candle. Dark Candles also offers different packages in where you can order many items for a discounted price, and the most expensive collection that is offered is that of all 24 votive candles for $32.
So the next time you feel the urge to try something new, head on over to Dark Candles and check out the amazing selection there!
I have to admit something, I don’t take baths – I prefer to shower. I used to like baths, but the bathroom I had in college did not have a tub, so I became a big fan of showering quickly. However, many of you like taking long baths, so this one’s for you!
I know many people are fans of LUSH bath bombs, and are more than willing to fork over the cash to purchase these bath bombs. But for those of you who don’t want to spend $6 on a single use bomb, check out this Homemade version of the bath bomb. These are cheap and easy to make, and would make great gifts.
While I was taking my shower this evening, I was shocked to realize just how many products I have sitting in shower and on my sink. So I thought I would share what I have with all of you!
In my shower:
- SunSilk Waves of Envy Shampoo and Conditioner: I’ve already done a review on the duo, which you can find under the review category.
- Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Shampoo and Conditioner: This smells like lavender! I have yet to actually write a review on this product, but it is on the ever growing list. I use this product once a week or so, when I want to take a break from my SunSilk. I don’t use this too much because it has a tendency to make my hair a little bit dry. But I think that is what helps with the curling aspect of this product.
- Aussie Opposites Attract Protect and Soften: I just acquired this duo yesterday for about $1.33 at CVS. I got this when CVS had it on sale for $2.49 a bottle, and then you received $1 back as an Extra Buck per bottle you bought. I also had an Aussie coupon that was $2 off if you bought two products. So I purchased this for about $3.33 out of pocket and received $2 back in Extra Bucks. I am going to try this combo for a while and eventually write a review on my experiences.
- Sunsilk Anti-Esponja (Anti-Spongy) 24/7 Creme: This is another new purchase that I recently picked up. I normally have frizzy and dry hair, thanks to 2 1/2 years of highlighting it blonde. So I’ve been on the look out for something that would take some of the frizziness out of my hair and make it nice and smooth. Since I live in North East Florida, I am constantly dealing with frizziness from the humidity and heat. I have yet to try this product, but I’m looking forward to using it.
- Pantene Pro V Fortifying Fortifier: This is my current go to for a deep conditioning treatment right now. I even bought a back up of this product soon after my first bottle. I use this once or twice a week to deep condition my hair and to make it softer. I apply a generous amount of this product to my hair and leave it in there while I shave my legs. Then as I rinse it out, I can feel my hair becoming softer. I plan on writing a review of this product within a couple of days.
- Avon Crystal Aura Body Wash: I’ve actually owned this body for about a year and I came across it when I was going through my Bath & Body Works shower gels and creamy body washes. So I thought to throw it into my shower and use it to shave my legs.
- Jason Natural Rosewater Satin Body Wash: I picked this up with the Lavender version when it was buy one get one free at a local health good store. I basically use this very day, to shave my legs and to wash my body. This works quite well as a shave gel.
- Soft Soap Radiant Spa Moisture Wrap and Exfoliating Body Washes: I purchased both of these products on a whim and I’m very glad that I did. These body washes smell amazingly good and I have been using these almost exclusively as my body washes for the past few weeks. I love these a lot and the Moisture Wrap is very creamy while the Exfoliating is gentle on the skin and makes arms and legs feel really soft and smooth.
Believe it or not, but I actually every product that I have in my shower right now. I love the idea of having several options to choose from, and I feel that by rotating my shampoos and conditioners I can keep my hair from becoming used to one certain brand.
If you noticed, everything I have in my shower is a product from the drugstore. I have used both salon products and drugstore products and I actually prefer the drugstore brands. My hair feels wonderfully soft and cared for, and I didn’t have to spend an arm and a leg to make it feel that way.
Be on the lookout for what I have sitting on my sink, which rivals the collection of products I have in my shower!
I was hanging out at my favorite store, Target and I came across a new line of body washes from SoftSoap, a company that is well known for it’s hand soaps. The new line is called Spa Radiant and it consists of three different types of body washes; purifying, exfoliating and moisturizing.
Purfiying: Give dull, tired skin a pick-me-up with this purfying experience. Enriched with aromatic botanicals our formula works with the steam from your shower to help you feel more revitalized.
Exfoliating: Reveal a more radiant you with this daily exfoliating experience. Enriched with mineral sea salts this daily exfoliating formula gently removes dull skin. Step out of each show with that after-spa glow
Moisture Wrap: For a daily quenching experience, reach for this ultra creamy moisture wrap formula. Our formula, enriched with essential oil works with the steam of your shower to soften and nourish even the driest of skin.
I personally own and LOVE Exfoliating and Moisture Wrap, and I have already bought huge back ups of both versions. I have yet to try the Purfying version, but I am thinking it is going to be as awesome as the other two. I plan on doing reviews the body washes soon.
So while you guys wait for my reviews, check out these body washes available basically anywhere. If you head to target, you can print out this TARGET COUPON for $1 off any Spa Radiant product. You can print out more than one and buy more than one bottle of this stuff.
I hit up the local mall today, and to my complete and utter surprise my MAC counter in Belk had the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator in stock. Both of the free standing stores in my town have sold out of this black goopy gold, but I now have in my possession this product!!!
While browsing Walgreens recently, I have come across A relatively new bath and body line called Details. This is a full bath and body line, that includes:
Hand & Body Lotion
Anti Bacterial Hand Gel
This collection comes in six different scents, all of them quite yummie and very rich:
- Slice of Life - Tangy citrus infused with skin-loving antioxidants
- Summer Shower – A hydrating blend of sweet pea, freesia, and wildflowers
- Tropical Garden – Sensuous Tahitian vanilla helps replenish skin
- Sweet Surrender – Tread yourself to fresh pomegranate and plumeria
- Island Cottage – Enrich your skin with blooming gardenias
- Country Meadows - A moisturizing bouquet of lavender and mountain lilies
Admittedly, this line is quite smaller than Bodycology (another recent drugstore B&B line) in terms of offerings and scents, but it is definitely worth looking into if you want a cheaper, but still wonderful alternative to Bath & Body Works.
Details B&B is sold exclusively through Walgreens and Walgreens.Com. Everything in the collection is either $5.99 or 2/$10. Right now through the end of June, there is a $1 off coupon of 2 products at the beauty counter at Walgreens.
So grab yourself a coupon and enjoy some new B&B goodies!