I have to admit something, I don’t take baths – I prefer to shower. I used to like baths, but the bathroom I had in college did not have a tub, so I became a big fan of showering quickly. However, many of you like taking long baths, so this one’s for you!
I know many people are fans of LUSH bath bombs, and are more than willing to fork over the cash to purchase these bath bombs. But for those of you who don’t want to spend $6 on a single use bomb, check out this Homemade version of the bath bomb. These are cheap and easy to make, and would make great gifts.
This is a new series that I am starting up, called “The Many Uses of,” where I show you what common household products are actually beauty products in disguise. For the first installment, I am going to show you all the wonderful things that Baking Soda can do for you!
- When mixed with water BS forms a slightly alkaline liquid and cuts through grease and dirt almost everywhere. It can also be mixed as a thick paste to be more abrasive to scrub problem stains without scratching.
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda to your normal shampoo once in a while to remove buildup from hair products.
- Sprinkle some baking soda in your palm and dab your wet toothbrush in it and brush your teeth. It helps whiten your teeth, too.
- Swish a solution of 1 teaspoon baking soda in a half glass of water around your mouth and rinse.
- Add baking soda to your bathwater to soften your skin (about ½ cup).
- Use 1 tablespoon baking soda in 1 cup of water for a preshave treatment or soothing aftershave rinse.
- Mix a little with your normal cleanser for a gentle scrub.
- Create a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply to face. Leave on for 3-5 minutes and rinse off.
As you can see, Baking Soda is one hell of a product, that usually gets ignored. So before you head off to the beauty counter to get a new skincare product, take a second look at Baking Soda, and you just be surprised.
Source: How To: Debranded Home