Name: Your Skin Makeup
Available: CVS, Ulta
I have recently been on a foundation binge, looking for the best one for my face. And I believe I have found it. I bought this foundation and the loose powder from CVS a few months ago when it was BOGO Free, I picked up the color Nude Beige, which was litterally my perfect shade, My skin is between NC 20 and NC 25, with neutral undertones, so I was happy to get the right color on the first try. This foundation has been touted as the drugstore / budget version of Makeup Forever’s HD liquid foundation. This isn’t something that I agree with. I tested the MUFE foundation with a sample from Sephora, and I was very dissapointed in it’s performance and feel.
Your Skin Makeup, however was a completely different experience for me. This applies wonderfully onto my skin, it’s a very creamy liquid foundation. which applied onto my skin easily and blended extremely well. This has medium to full coverage, making it very buildable. Since I live in N. Florida, I am in definite need of a foundation that will last in this 95+ heat, and doesn’t break out my oily somewhat acne prone skin. I have been using this foundie semi regularly since I got it, and I am supremely happy with its wear and performance. It doesn’t oxidize (turn orange) on my skin, which is a problem that a lot of people have with foundations.
The title of this foundation is extremely long and winded, but it’s claim that it is “Your Skin , But Better” is right on the mark. I feel that this foundation has become my top HG for liquid foundation, knocking Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation from the top. I believe that this is a product that I will continue to buy – even if it’s not on sale. I love this product that much. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good liquid foundation.
Right now, I’m in what I would call a testing phase. I’ve bought a lot of new face products over the past few weeks, including foundations and other products. I’m super excited about this, because I used to think that my skin didn’t work with foundations, because I kept breaking out, but so far I haven’t had any problem with my skin so far. All of my testing products are from the drugstore, and I’m quite impressed right now.
Here is a list of everything I’m working on right now:
Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy:
Your Skin Liquid Foundation in Nude Beige
Truly Transulcent Loose Powder in Light/ Meduim
Forever Stay Pencil Eyeliner in Jade
Fast Fix Shadow Eye Base
Dream Matte Mousse Foundation
Dream Matte Pressed Powder
Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal
Mineral Power Finishing Veil
So far, I’m pretty pleased with some of the items. I was more than pleasantly surprised to learn that Maybelline makes foundations that actually match my skin perfectly. I also haven’t broken out from Maybelline yet either… so that is either because my skin works with the brand or the primer I use is doing a bang up job right now. Either way, I’m definitely pleased.
I can’t say much for the Sally Hansen products, because I don’t want to say one way or another because I may end up having to change my mind on the product. Right now I’m borderline on certain products, and it would be unfair to talk about them until I’m sure.
Otherwise, what would be the point?
For the first time, I know of, CVS has put all of there Sally Hansen cosmetics on sale, BOGO FREE!!! I have been dying to try out some of the Carmindy Natural Beauty line, and since I don’t an Ulta near me, I had to wait for CVS to go on sale.
Well for this week, all Sally Hansen products are BOGO Free, so now would be an excellent time to try out her products. I picked up two lipsticks today, and I’m planning on trying out her foundations as well.
I hope to make this a new series in where I post lists of products that I think are the best. This one is all about lipglosses. You don’t have to agree with me, that’s one of the great things about having your own opinion!
Wet N Wild Speed Glosses ($3.99): I these are some of my newest acquisitions, but I already love them a lot. These come in a squeeze tube with a hard plastic applicator, that spreads the product easily. These are slightly sticky, and are very pigmented. There is a distinct minty taste in these glosses. They remind me of the B&BW C.O. Bigelow squeeze glosses.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss ($6.99): These have long been a favorite of beauty junkies around the world. They are non sticky, long lasting and come in a wonderful selection of colors. These glosses are pigmented, but can also be applied sheerly as well. I find that I can wear these alone or paired with a lipstick. There is barely any taste or scent to these glosses, so they are perfect for people who do not want or like taste or fragrance in their lipglosses.
Milani Crystal Gloss ($3.99): If I didn’t know any better, I would think that these glosses were MAC lipglasses in a different tube. Crystal Glosses have the same texture, scent and staying power as the lipglasses, only with a much, much smaller price tag. I only have one of these right now, but I absolutely adore it, and it has proven itself to be a wonderful, high quality gloss.
Milani Lip Mixers($6.99): Even though these are brand spankin’ new on the market, I already feel that these are some of the best glosses available. The idea behind these glosses, is that you mix the three different layers in the tube to get one shimmery, highshine color. I love these glosses, because they are heavily pigmented, and that they last for a good while on the lips. The scent is pleasant to me, it’s a grape-y scent that some people may like or dislike. The taste and scent goes away after a few minutes though, leaving a gorgeous gloss behind. I have four of these, and I love every single one of them. It’s a good thing that these are permanent.
NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss($4-5): For the longest time, these glosses were the only ones that I wore. The texture was smooth and non sticky, and they were long lasting compared to other non sticky glosses. They are also quite pigmented, only a few of them are sheer. The scent to me, is very pleasant, it reminds me of cherry lollipops. My HG nude gloss is in the shade Natural, which is the perfect brown / pinkish color. Even though I have these glosses listed under drugstore, NYX isn’t really found in many drugstore/ chain stores. They can be found online, and at random Beauty Supply stores. They are well worth the search.
Sally Hansen Lipnotic Gem Gloss ($6.99): Two words: DAZZLEGLASS DUPES! These glosses came out last year around the time MAC’s DazzleGlass lipglasses came out. I feel that these glosses by Sally Hansen are really good, cheaper alternatives of the expensive MAC ones. Both glosses are sheer, while being overloaded with shimmer and shine. Many people are split on these glosses, some like the Sally Hansen ones, while others do not feel that they are good alternatives. I personally love these, and they work well for both day time and night time.
Sally Hansen Natural Butter Lip Shine ($5.99): Last, but certainly not least, are these glosses. The texture is interesting, it reminds me of a jelly gloss, so it’s not quite as liquidy as other glosses. These apply sheerly, so they are not a pigmented as the Milani or NYX glosses. The glosses are down right tasty, they remind me strongly of fruit punch, so I feel like I have drunk some punch every time I apply this gloss. These are not long lasting at all, but I still think they are worth it just for the mirror like shine they babies give off!
You can find all these glosses at your local drugstore. Always be on the look out for sales!!
I have decided to take advantage of my gym’s fitness classes. So for the past week or so since starting them, I’ve basically been in lots of pain. LOL. But the classes have been tons of fun. I’ve trying a variety of them, yesterday morning I did an ass-kicking body sculpting class that is becoming more addictive every time I’ve done it. I also took a yoga class last night, and I couldn’t believe how flexible I was. I just lost my balance a couple of times, but I managed to do almost all of the poses with only a medium amount of trouble.
However, my legs are pretty damn sore right now. LOL. So onto my Walgreens Haul. I actually scored all this loot for about $20. So YAY me!
Sally Hansen Mineral Lip Treatment
Milani Sunset Duos
01 Sunset City
04 Sunset Shores
L’Oreal Colour Juice:
I rock when I go shopping.
Over the past couple of months, I have been picking around my makeup collection and I realized that there are certain favorites that I tend to reach for all the time. I always thought I was someone who likes dark lips, especially since my coloring, (neutral – leaning towards cool) allows me to wear a wide variety of colors.
However, I have begun to notice that I wear a few certain colors, over and over again, and the reason that this surprises me is because they are neutral light colors. So I thought I’d share with you some of my current faves. This will most likely end up changing in a couple weeks. Because, I simply have too much crap to stick to a few things for a very long time. LOL.
1. NYX MegaShine Lipgloss in Natural - This has been my HG lipgloss for over a year now. I have yet to find a gloss that is a better YLBB (Your Lips But Better) for me. This is a simple non sticky gloss that has no shimmer to it. It’s a simple pinkish brown color that is simply gorgeous on the lips. This gloss is quite pigmented, so it gives medium to full coverage with on coat. This is my go to gloss for everything from day to night. $4-5
2. L’Oreal Infallible Lipgloss in Sunset – I was not expecting to fall in love with this color. This is a peachy pink color with very subtle silver glitter. I picked this color up with Bloom, which is also on this list, manly because it was it BOGO Free and I had coupons. So I got both colors for about $6. I had already purchased many of the Infallible Lipglosses before getting these, so I already knew I would like the formula. When I put this color on, I was amazed how much it brightened up my face. I wear this color when
I wear colorful eyeshadows, because it gives my lower face a lot of color and warmth, without over powering the rest of my face. I love this gloss for the fact that it lasts for a couple hours before I need to reapply it. So it works when I am out shopping all day. $8-10
3. MAC Lipglass in Pink Clash (Limted Edition) – I was never a big fan of MAC lipglasses, just because I refused to buy into the hype of the brand. Well, and because I thought that $14 for a lipgloss was pretty damn expensive, especially since my NYX glosses only cost $4. Well I was at an outlet mall and I ended up going into a CCO, and while browsing though the MAC section. I came across this gloss, which was glittering so prettily in its little tube, that I just had to try it on. Well, as soon as I applied this gloss, my lips came alive with color and shine. The glitter in this gloss was unlike anything I owned at the time. It still stands out in my collection even now. I wear this when I want a simple nude lip with lots of eye catching glitter. $10.50
4. L’Oreal Infallible Lipgloss in Bloom – As I mentioned in my blurb about Sunset, I bought this color simply because I had already purchased other must have colors in this line of lipglosses. I actually don’t wear this gloss as much as Sunset, because I am still coming to terms with wearing pinks on my lips. I usually go for berry, peach and neutral colors. However I wear this color when I have neutral eye look going on, just to give my face a pop of color. I tend to wear this gloss with a peachy / pink / gold blush such as Milani Luminous which is a Dupe for Nars Orgasm. This color is a medium pink with silver glitter. $8-10
5. NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Smokey Look – I was going through my many NYX lipglosses and I came across this color. Since I’ve been on a light lip kick, I thought I’d give this color a go. This is very similar to Natural, only this is a lighter peachy pink with silver glitter. Doesn’t look much like Natural in the tube – it’s lighter and brighter, but when it’s on my lips it is very close to Natural, only this is slightly more pink while the other one is more brownish. The glitter that you see in the tube doesn’t so on my lips, although the color itself shows up just fine. I wear this color when I want to wear a light NYX gloss, and I’m bored with Natural. I like to carry both of these colors in my bag. $4-5
6. Blistex Medicated Lip Balm W/ 15 SPF – I got sick a couple of weeks ago, first with a stomach virus and then my asthma and allergies kicked in for about a week, making my life miserable. Well, during this time, the weather here in Northern Florida was fluctuating a lot, one day it would be freezing and the next day it would be mid 60′s. During this time, my lips became very chapped, and they were hurting and bleeding, and I couldn’t wear my lippies because it looked horrible. Well, I discovered this little gem in my lipbalms, and I saw that it was medicated so I thought it wouldn’t hurt my lips anymore than what they were, so I started slathering this stuff onto my lips at night before going to bed. I would wake up in the morning with my lips feeling so much more softer than they did when I went to sleep. Now I wear this stuff on my lips every night and throughout the day when I’m not wearing something else, and it has made a world of difference. Now my lips are barely cracking and I can wear my Infallible glosses without worrying it sinking into and showcasing my horrid lips. This is simply a godsend, and I’m soooo glad I came across it. $1-3
7. Sally Hansen Lipnotic Gem Gloss in Bejeweled – I honestly don’t wear this lipgloss very much – but it still one of my favorites, so it deserves to be mentioned. This line of lipglosses is a relatively new to Sally Hansen, it debuted earlier this year. I love this gloss for a couple of reasons. This line is the best drugstore dupe to MAC’s very popular Limited Edition DazzleGlass line. Both glosses are chock full of glittery goodness and both are quite sheer. I have swatched a couple of Dazzle Glasses next to Lipnotic Gem Glosses and the glitter is the same as well as the texture. The only main difference is the $10+ price and the fact that the MAC glosses are slightly more pigmented than the extremely sheer Sally ones. This color in particular is a light peachy color that basically dissapears into the lips, only leaving the glitter behind. This color is good alone for daytime wear and great for layering over other lipsticks for night wear. $6.99
8. C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine in Peppermint – This is simply a clear gloss that I wear when I want something simple with lots of shine. I absolutely adore the squeeze tube that this comes in. Most of my squeeze lipglosses have the rounded top where the gloss comes out a little whole at the top of the curved applicator. This gloss has the slanted tip, where the application is very neat and works like a lipstick. I can apply this over a lipstick with little problem. I also happen to love the peppermint tingle that I get when I wear this. I feel like it freshens my breath along with giving me an easy carefree shine to my lips. $7.50
9. C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint in Plum Mint – This gloss is basically the same as the Mentha LipShine, only this has a slight mauve tint to it, so it gives my lips a slight pop of color instead of being completely clear like the LipShine. This gloss also carries the same peppermint tingle feeling and has the same slanted tip applicator, so I have no complaints there. The only problem I have with this gloss is that it sometimes the color doesn’t come out when I squeeze it. I usually have to wipe away some of the clear gloss that comes out before the color. I don’t mind though, because I still love this gloss for the tingle and color. $7.50
10. MAC Pro LongWear Lustre in Ripe & Ready / Soft & Lush (Limited Edition) – Out of all the products I have mentioned in this list, this is the one that I wear the least. However I wanted to round this list out with ten products, so I thought I’d add this one. I actually do like this color and I wear this on occasion when I want a strong deep pink / coral colored lip, that doesn’t lean towards the berry color family. Many people hate the MAC ProWears, but I happen to be one of those people who likes long lasting lipcolors, so I have no problem wearing this. This particular color was a Limited Edition color that came out with the Lustre Twins collection this past fall. I would assume that you would be able to find this color at a CCO, but don’t quote me on that. $20.00
Product: Sally Hansen Lipnotic Gem Gloss
Stars: 5 of 5
Sally Hansen, a brand that is mostly known for their nail products have really stepped up their game with their recent collection of lipgloss that has been released. Lipnotic Gem Gloss is a very sparkily and sheer lipgloss that comes in about ten colors. The glosses are loaded with multi colored glitter, which makes the lipgloss bottles a joy to look at. The formula that Sally Hansen uses is a gel formula which glides easily onto the lips with the brush applicator. On me, the gloss lasts a really long time before it wears completely, it also non sticky and very moisturizing.
I personally have purchased three different colors in the Lipnotic line, Bejeweled a pinky / peach color, Embellished a dark pink / purple and Sparkling, which is a deep red with a tiny bit of a brown base to it. All three of these colors apply very sheerly, making them wearable for both day and night. Each of these colors can be worn alone to give the lips a little bit of color and lots of shine, or over different lipsticks to really make those pouty lips stand out!
Final Thoughts: I definitely think these glosses are an amazing addition to the Sally Hansen line, which has seen a major overhaul in recent months. If you have tried and liked Sally Hansen lip cosmetics in the past, then you owe it to yourself to wander over to the Sally Hansen set up and pick a one, two or even ten of these wonderful glosses to enjoy over and over again.
I did a bit of hauling today at CVS and Walgreens today. CVS has a special going on right now, if you buy three EOB products, you get $5 extra bucks.
So I bought:
EOB – Blender Brush
EOB – Lip Paint in Chocolate Covered Cherry lipgloss
EOB – Lip Candy Lipgloss in Cherry
Walgreens is having a BOGOF sale on all Sally Hansen lip products , so I bought:
Natural Lip Butter Lip Shine in:
And I also purchased Lipnotic Gem Gloss in Bejeweled. Along with these items I also purchased nail polishes in Arabian Nights and Sterling.
I don’t have any pictures as my camera is not up and running right now. I do plan on doing reviews of all these products in the next week or so. So be on the look out for that.
I will say this though, I plan on going back to Walgreens tomorrow and picking up more of the Lipnotic Gem Gloss.