In honor of the letter I recieved from the CEO of Jane, I have been inspired to post up close images of some of my Jane blushes. I highly, highly recommend that everyone checks out these blushes!!
Closeups of the blushes:
I hope you enjoyed the porn!! LOL!!
I’m in the process of cataloging a good portion of my collection, and I thought I would post a few pictures of my blush collection. Enjoy.
I’ll post some up close pictures tomorrow!
Here is a quick preview post of what I hope to eventually do – Show you guys my stash. This is just a quick overview of my desk where I keep all my makeup and body stuff.
This is my current (11/22/08) collection of NYX Megashine Lipglosses. I absolutely love this glosses. They spread onto the lips easily, and are non sticky. They also last a decent amount of time as well for non sticky lippies. These are not in particular order, I was just grabbing randomly.
NYX MegaShine Lipglosses:
- Tea Rose
- Crystal Soda
- Frosted Beige
- Copper Penny
- Silver Plum
- Gold Mauve
- Gold Pink
- French Kiss
- Plush Red
- Smokey Look
Please leave me a comment if you have any questions on any of these colors. I’ll do my best to give you a decent answer. I do plan on getting lots more of these glosses, so plan on watching this list grow.
My stash is crazy big and I have decided to write down all the products I have, so I can keep up with everything better. This post will be all about my NYX Round Lipsticks which are LOVE. I actually melted down all my Round lipsticks, so they are all in little 5 gram jars now. This saves room in my storage, and in my purse. I have always preferred to apply my lipsticks with a lipbrush, so melting everything down didn’t bother me. This list is in no particular order.
NYX Round Lipsticks:
- Tea Rose
- Orange Soda
- Rose Bud
- Summer Love
- Golden Luster
- Spell Bound
- Pumpkin Pie
- Sun Flower
- Violet Ray
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Frosted Beige
- Indian Pink
- Earth Angel
As of today, 11/22/08 this is my NYX Round Lipstick collection. If any of you have any questions about these colors, please leave a comment. I’ll do my best to answer any question. I however cannot do any swatches as my camera is not working right now.
I am by no means a wealthy girl, in fact I work at a small hotel earning $7.00 an hour doing front desk work. However this does not stop me from having one HUGE stash of makeup and nailpolish! Friends of mine who have been privileged with the chance of seeing my collection up close and personal have walked away shaking their heads in awe at the size of my stash.
I do plan on taking pictures of everything, but I’m still in the process of organizing it, which is taking FOR-EV-AR for me to do. But one of these days I WILL have a collection with pics posted for you!! However, my collection itself is not the purpose of this post, it is how to build a collection like mine in a short amount of time.
I know it sounds odd, that I am writing a post on this topic, because every woman and girl knows how to buy makeup. But over the past year, I have been able to gather many tips and tricks along the way on how to get good quality makeup for a damn good price.
- My first rule of advice is to be open to trying new brands. You will not very far with my help if you are a label snob. If you use MAC only, then there is nothing that I can do for you. I feel that MAC is extremely overrated and that you can find similar quality in other brands.
- Don’t be afraid of shopping at drugstores / big box stores. MANY, many of my finds come from CVS, Walgreens, K-Mart and occasionally Target. I do not have an Ulta near my house, YET!
- Coupons!!!! I am one of those people who tries to buy a Sunday paper every week in order to go through the coupon section for makeup deals. Sometimes this can be a gamble because one week you will get one two or three really good coupons for Max Factor, Cover Girl, Revlon or L’Oreal and other times nothing. If you come across a really good coupon that you know you will use, such as a B1G1 Free deal, head on to e-bay to see if you can score more of those coupons. I was recently turned on to buying coupons on ebay when I discovered you could get many coupons for a couple of dollars, which is a good investment, if you know you are going to use the majority of them.
- KNOW which products each brand does best and which ones are the worst. By knowing this, you can work B1G1 Free deals quite easily, and get the best products for the lowest amount of money. You would not want to waste a deal on chalky no pigmented eyeshadows when you could have spent that money on really good lippies. I’ve personally learned this over the past year. I’ve certainly come home with some stinkers. A lot of it is trial and error, but with the help of the many beauty blogs and websites available, you will be able to navigate the beauty aisle better.
- Mineral Makeup!!! Hands down, MMU is one of the BEST discoveries I have made in the beauty universe. I’ve always been a fan of loose eyeshadows, (I have over 20 MAC full sized piggies) and through the independent mineral makeup companies on the internet, I have been able to buy a ton of eyeshadows through several companies for very little cost. Everytime I come across an interesting makeup company, I always sign up for their newsletter and I then wait for them to have a sale. Then I take advantage of starter kits and sample kits, where you can usually get a lot for very little. One of the best things about mineral eyeshadows and blushes is that they are typically very pigmented and a little can last a very long time.
I hope these few tips help you with developing your own quality stash for a reasonable price. I know that my tips and tricks won’t help everyone, but I hope at least some of you can benefit. I plan on expanding on my tips in future posts, so be on the lookout for that!!
I think I have too much makeup – which is a scandalous thought in itself. I mean what self respecting makeup whore has too much makeup?
This makeup whore does. I came to this conclusion after putting together a huge RAOK (Random Act Of Kindess) for a new friend of mine who is sorely lacking in the makeup department and doesn’t have a lot of money to go and buy makeup with. She is a medical student, and has a very limited budget right now on what she can buy. She wasn’t even able to take advantage of the Wet N Wild BOGO Free sale at Walgreens. Anyway I pulled together a package of mu for her, which in my mind was very small, and it didn’t even make a dent in the stage I DO have, but that little bag of goodies like completely over powered what she had previously!!
Even though I know my collection is huge, I still find myself searching through the ads on Sunday looking for the best deals on makeup, epsecially Buy 1 Get 1 Free deals. However I rarely purchase anything from these sales, unless there is a new product that I absolutely HAVE TO HAVE or if I have some really good coupons I can use during that BOGO to make the cheap items even cheaper than they originally would have been. For example, I had a $3 off coupon for any Sally Hansen purchase over $10. Well a couple of weeks ago, Walgreens had Sally Hansen lippies B1G1 free, and I had been dying to try out the new Lipnotic and Natural Shine lipglosses (reviews coming soon) and I got them for a really, really great price with the coupon and sale. I believe I got four lipglosses for about $10. Which was a freaking awesome haul, especially considering each of the glosses went $6-7 a piece.
So until I move on to another obsession (hey, the Twilight movie is coming in 7 months…) I will continue to search for the best deals in the cosmetic world. Whether or not I truly need it!