Here is a list of my all time favorite scents. The nice thing about this list, is that everything on this list is affordable and easily available to just about everyone.
1. Island Cottage (Details Bath & Body) - Details Bath & Body is a brand that is exclusive to Walgreens and Walgreens.com. Island Cottage is the most gorgeous Gardenia scent that I have ever come across. Island Cottage is available in an array of items including body mist and body wash. The line normally sells for $5.99 for one full sized item or 2 for $10.
2. Fantastic Dream (Preferred Fragrances) – This is probably the hardest to find fragance on this list. This is a knock off version of Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears, and smells identical to the more expensive fragrance. I wear this fragrance everytime I’m in a bad mood, because it automatically makes me happy. I can sniff my wrist all day without getting tired of the scent. Even though this is a knock off version, the staying power of this is outstanding, and I can still smell it at night when I apply it in the morning. This knock off version runs about $4-$5 per bottle at select Dots, Cato’s and Beall’s Outlets. I’ve even seen the real Midnight Fantasy as low as $20 at different places as well.
3. Black Amethyst (Bath & Body Works) – I fell in love with this musky, cirtusy scent when it debuted last year. I find it to be very enjoyable and relaxing. A lot of people don’t like this scent, but I am definitely in the love catergory. I also have the scent in the room fragrance oil and spray. Love it!! This scent is found at Bath & Body Works and the line goes between $9 to $20.
4. Japanese Cherry Blossom (Bath & Body Works) This is another scent from Bath & Body Works that I have loves consistantly for years. This is a spicy floral scent that I just cannot get enough of. I stock up on this scent during every Semi Annual Sale, because I’ll eventually go through everything I have. This scent is found at Bath & Body Works and the line goes between $9 to $20.
5. Soap & Glory (Target) – This scent doesn’t have a name. but anyone who is familar with this brand knows exactly what I’m talking about. This sent isn’t available in a mist or a parfum, but it is available in the body lotion, tub body butter, hand cream, shower cream and the body scrub. I’m not sure how to describe this sent, some have described it as floral, feminine and masquline all at once. I just call it amazing and that everyone needs to smell this stuff. Available from Target in the US and Boots in the UK. Price ranges from $10 to $20 in the stores.
I finally got around to taking pictures of my Target haul, that did a while ago. I have lots of hauls to catch up with, so expect a lot of haul posts to appear. I didn’t purchase everything at once. So don’t think it was one gigantic mega haul. LOL.
At Target, a lot of Sonia Kashuk products had been clearanced out, so naturally I took advantage of the deep discount to pick a few items. Because, of course, I don’t have enough product already.
Sonia Kashuk Lip Palettes:
Shimmering Sorbets: This is a very pretty shimmery palette that go from natural and sheer to a bright pop of color for the summer. I, of course had to swatch everything ASAP and you can see where I accidently dug my lip brush into the lippie and messed it up. LOL.
Sonia Kashuk Enhanced Eyeshadow:
Burnished: This is a grayish – taupe color that is extremely pigmented and very soft and blendable. Gorgeous!!
Sonia Kashuk Eye Shadow Quad:
Striking Jewels: This is a gorgeous quad with a deep emerald green, a matte tan, a shimmery bronzy brown and a deep bronzy purple.
Revlon Super Lustrous:
Shine That Pink: This is a meduim pink that is absolutely beautiful. The best part is that this has an SPF of 15!
Dual Finish Brush: This is the newest skunk brush on the market, and in my opinion, it’s the best quality one with the very best price: $6.99
Out of the Packaging:
That’s all for now!
This is basically a composite collection of hauls from this past week.
Glimmer Stripes in Pink Glimmer
Milani Nailpolish in Raspberry Fusion
Studio Tools Dual Finish Brush – A better than dupe of the 188
Rimmel Underground Nailpolish:
Wet N Wild:
Mega Glo Powder in Strike-A-Pose-Rose, Spotlight Peach, Catwalk Pink, and Starlight Bronze
Speed Glosses: Untamed, Manic, Frantic, and Fired – Up
Silk Finish Blush / Bronzzer:
Rubenesque Paint Pot
I think I bought too much crap! LOL. If you want a review of anything let me know please
So I was wondering around Target yesterday, and I came across this spice rack on the 75% off rack. It was marked down from $20 to $5, and when I come across those type of deals, I just get a little bit giddy. Since I am always on the lookout for new ways to store my ever growing stash, I thought this would be PERFECT for my favorite / most reached for lippies.
Just to give you an idea of it’s size, it has ten places for jars, and each of those spaces holds either 4 NYX Megashine Lipglosses, or 6 MAC Lipglasses, 5 full size and one mini lipglass. So if you used this for just for MAC lipglasses, you could easily fit 50 full sized MAC lipglasses and 10 mini lipglasses in this spice rack.
Or you could fit 40 NYX Megashine / 30 Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses in the rack with room to spare. So far these are the only glosses I have tested this rack with, but so far I can reasonably say that this little rack holds a crap load of lippies!
Since I found this on the clearance rack, I am not sure if Target is going to be carrying it anymore. I couldn’t find it on the Target website, so the supply in the stores may be random. If you want this product, your best bet would be to look for it in the store. It’s a shame that it’s going away, because it truly is one of the coolest spice racks I’ve come across.
I was in Target yesterday and I fell in love with this little tote the second I saw this little baby. On top of being a makeup whore, I am also a handbag ho’ and this bag was speaking to me in ways I never thought possible.
However, I didn’t purchase it even though it was only $16.99, and I had the money. Why didn’t I purchase this little lovely? Because I only wanted to purchase ONE purse and I already had previous plans to purchase a larger tote, which was to replace my day to day tote bag, which is falling apart. So I passed up this little baby and went with my first decision to get the bigger tote.
But as luck would have it, I ended up returning the bigger tote that I purchased yesterday today, because the outside pocket wasn’t big enough to hold my ever present bottle of water. So back to Target it went. After I returned my tote I searched through the purse section, but I couldn’t find this bag. Fortunately, this isn’t my normal Target, so I wasn’t upset about finding this bag.
I’ll actually be going back up to my normal Target on Friday, because I’m going to the Breaking Dawn Midnight release party at my local Books A Million, where I have already pre-bought the book!! So while I’m getting Breaking Dawn, I’ll also pick up one of these cute purses
Besides this gives me the chance to see the cashier I’m crushing on….LOL…. However, the guy is like FIVE years younger than me….
Till next time