Not much about this collection is known – only that it corresponds to hair – and what colors flatter different hair colors. I am not quite sure this is a good idea, because I subscribe to the school of thought that believes that colors should be chosen based on skin tone, not hair color.
But no matter – some of these colors sound absolutely gorgeous, and even though I am a brunette, I will probably end up hauling something from each hair color.
- Chignon Red plum (Glaze) (”Brunette”)
- What A ‘Do! Neutral pink-coral (Frost) (”Brunette”)
- B-Babe Rich pink (Frost) (”Blonde”)
- All’s Fair Light purple-pink (Lustre) (”Blonde”)
- Marquise d’ Sandy cream peach (Lustre) (”Redhead”)
- Blow Dry Pink coral (Frost) (”Redhead”)
- Quick Tease Red purple (”Brunette”)
- Soft Wave Tan bronze (”Brunette”)
- Strawberry Blonde Deep red pink (”Blonde”)
- Peroxide White pink (”Blonde”)
- Live and Dye Cool pink (”Redhead”)
- Red Devil Coral orange (”Redhead”)
- Deep Shade Dusty blue (Frost) (”Brunette”)
- Henna Dark gold (Veluxe Pearl) (”Brunette”)
- Femme-Fi Frosty gold-cream (Veluxe Pearl) (”Brunette”)
- Pincurl Dusty white (Frost) (”Blonde”)
- Knight Dark gray (Veluxe Pearl) (”Blonde”)
- Top Knot Deep black purple (Velvet) (”Blonde”)
- Flip Bronze gold (Frost) (”Redhead”)
- French Cuff Burgundy purple (Lustre) (”Redhead”)
- 100 Strokes Ice pink (Frost) (”Redhead”)
- Show Off Full-bodied brown (”Brunette”)
- Clear Colour free (”Blonde”)
- Girl Boy Fawned over blondette (”Redhead”)
- Smolder Intense black (”Brunette”)
- Phone Number Smudgy charcoal (”Blonde”)
- Teddy Dark-eyed bronze (”Redhead”)
- Brunette Soft coral to copper bronze (”Brunette”)
- Blonde Soft pink to rose (”Blonde”)
- Redhead Gold to salmon (”Redhead”)
- #165 Tapered cheek, highlight brush
- #226 Small tapered blending brush
- #214 Short shader brush
Budget Beauty Brand New York Color has released it’s long awaited fall collection, Metro Metals. I say that collection was long awaited because there has been quite a buzz about the nailpolish and the possible dupes of MAC’s legendary MSFs. I have actually already hauled most of this collection a few weeks ago, but I was waiting for it to be released onto the New York Color website, before I really got into it. And I check out the site today and low and behold, Metro Metals is up!
So enjoy the pictures and descriptions from the site:
CHROMA FACE GLOW is a richly pigmented metallic powder that glides on with a velvety smooth finish and luminous, modern glow. Sweep over face for instant polished radiance… or add shimmering highlights to cheeks & brows!
• Sunstone • Moonstone
MARBLEYES PRESSED EYESHADOW lights up your lids with shimmering, multi-dimensional metallic color. A swirl of marbleized pigments creates breathtaking effects! Use each shade solo or blend for custom color.
• Tiger’s Eye • Aquamarine
METALEYES CREME SHADOW/LINER is a creamy eye color + eye liner in one. Goes on like a creme, dries to a silky powder, delivers an intense metallic finish. Applicator brush included for seamless application!
• Onyx • Topaz
SPARKLERS LOOSE EYE POWDER brightens eyes with brilliant color + instant shine. Rich metallic powder is super-blendable and long-lasting. Use a little for a subtle wash of color; use a lot for intense, dramatic sparkle!
• Amethyst • City Citrine
METALLIC NAIL GLOSSIES pour on brilliant vinyl shine + shimmering metallic sheen! Pro-Vitamin B5 formula conditions and pampers nails. A rich, glossy look gives manicures and pedicures a dream gleam!
• Molten Metal
• Garnet • Amber
Truthfully, I wasn’t very interested in these two collections, one fact is there wasn’t anything special about the eyeshadow duos from Suite Array or the new PERM cremesheen lipsticks. The only thing from these two collections that were released this past week where the Pearl Glide Eyeliners.
Cremesheen Lipsticks $14.50
- Creme D’Nude Pale muted peach beige
- Ravishing Clean lightly peachy coral
- Speed Dial Light blue pink
- Fanfare Mid-tone yellow pink
- On Hold Mid-tone yellow raspberry
- Speak Louder Clean poppy blue pink
- Modesty Muted neutral pink
- Hot Gossip Mid-tone pinky plum
- Crosswires Clean pinky orange
- Stay In Touch Lightly yellow brown
- Brave Red Bright yellow red
- Dare You Deep brown red
- Party Line Red-tone plum
- Hang-Up Deep berry
Suite Array Eyeshadow Duos $16.00
- Sweet Liaison Small Pan: Pale yellow with gold pearl / Big Pan: Deep brown with gold pearl
- Rose Suites Small Pan: Intense blue pink / Big Pan: Light yellow pink with silver pearl
- Team Violets Small Pan: Dark burgundy with burgundy pearl / Big Pan: Mid-tone violet with gold pearl
- Counterparts Small Pan: Deep forest with gold pearl / Big Pan: Mid-tone orange with gold pearl
- Shallow V. Deep Small Pan: Bluish green with gold pearl / Big Pan: Mint with silver pearl
- Blue Zone Small Pan: Deep grey/green with silver pearl / Big Pan: Light ice blue with silver pearl
- Ocean 2 Small Pan: Mid-tone blue with silver pearl / Big Pan: Light blue with silver pearl
- Smoke & Ash Small Pan: Black with silver pearl / Big Pan: Mid-tone grey silver pearl
Pearlglide Eyeliner ($14.00)
- Bankroll Rich green with bright green sparkle
- Miss Fortune Eggplant with light pink glitter
- Spare Change Mid-tone brown with copper glitter
- Rave Deep purple with purple glitter
- Fly-By-Blu Light blue with blue glitter
- Wolf Deep grey with gold glitter
- Molasses Dirty brown mid-tone brown glitter
- Black Russian Black with navy blue glitter
Available at MACCosmetics.Com and on Stores / Counters NOW!
There have been many rumors flying around the beauty blog-o-sphere recently that have pointed to a joint venture between MAC and Hello Kitty. This venture, should it happen, would be released in February to celebrate the previous Feb collections of Fafi and Barbie.
I personally was never a big fan of Hello Kitty, mostly because of the obsessive use of the color pink. However I am not adverse to checking out this collection and possibly picking something up from the collection if I like it.
I just won’t be one of those fan girls who go crazy for the collection
Smoke & Mirrors is the new fall collection released by Too Faced Cosmetics. This collection contains a new smokey eye palette, baked eyeshadows, lipglosses, and more. This collection is now available at Sephora and at TooFaced .
Here are some additional pictures from the collection:
For those of you who want to refresh their minds on Starflash before heading out to the MAC counter, check out my post on it here.
This post is mainly about the Lustre Twins, which consists of new and improved pro long wears, which are MAC’s version of long lasting lipgloss. There are nine new limited edition colors, which surprises me, I thought MAC would have made at least some of these permanent, instead of all being LE.
Prolongwear Lustre Extentions ($20.00)
- Pink Air/White Top
Lustre Light pink with pearl
Clear white with red and pink (lustre)
- Ripe and Ready/Soft and Lush
Lustre Clean bright pink coral with gold pearl
Top Coat Yellow pink with gold pearl (lustre)
- Custom Rose/Pink Virtue
Lustre Berry plum with pearl
Top Coat Light blue pink with silver pearl (lustre)
- Gypsy Shimmer It
Lustre Berry red with gold pearl
Top Coat White gold with multicoloured pearl (lustre)
- Boss and Ready/Slave to Pink
Lustre Chocolate bronze with pearl
Top Coat Champagne neutral with pearl (lustre)
- Red Flame/Orange Flicker
Lustre Intense bright yellow red
Top Coat Bright yellow red with gold pearl (lustre)
- Red Reflection/Mirror
Lustre Deep berry magenta with pearl
Top Coat Clear with white pearl (lustre)
- Coco Lust/Sweet Sexy
Lustre Deep red brown
Top Coat Copper brown with gold pearl (lustre)
- Alta Moda/Hip Love
Lustre Deep blackend red
Top Coat Deep plum with red pearl
Nail Lacquer ($10.00)
- $$$$$ Yes Mettallic silver foil
- Perplexing Deep blue purple
- Firehouse Clean bright chrome red
Available at all MAC locations and online at MACCosmetics.com
This collection has THREE quads, mattenes, lipglasses, lipsticks and more!! MAC has really gone overboard with this collection, and I think anyone and everyone will find something to purchase from this collection!! I have a serious feeling that this will sell out FAST!!! This collection will hit counters Aug 21st 2008!!
- Creme Cerise Muted yellow
- Lightly Ripe Medium pink
- Russian Red Intensive cold red
- ‘O’ Intensive purple red with gold metallic sheen
- So Scarlet Pure burgundy
- Cherry Blossom Pure light pink with pearl
- Rich & Ripe Medium pinkish red with pearl
- Cult of Cherry Pure red with red pearl
- Liqueur Neutral bronze violet pink with pearl
- Jampacked Pure grape color with pearl
- Rapturous Deep berry red (Matte)
- Kirsch Deep cranberry (Matte)
- Chock Dark brown (Matte)
- Bing Dark aubergine (Matte)
- Silverstruck Silvery grey with pearl (Frost)
- Illegal Purple Cream dark aubergine (Cream)
Eyeshadow x 4 Spiced Chocolate Quad
- Nanogold Pure yellow pink with pink pearl (Frost)
- Brash Frosty red copper (Veluxe Pearl)
- Spiced Chocolate Dirty, deep reddish brown (Matte)
- Sweet Chestnut Frosty cranberry (Frost)
Eyeshadow x 4 Tempting Quad
- Next to Nothing Cream white with pink pearl (Frost)
- Sharp Light (Satin)
- Dark Edge Muted chocolate brown (Satin)
- Tempting Deep cocoa (Lustre)
Eyeshadow x4 Shadowy Lady Quad
- Light Fall Muted pink (Satin)
- Smudge Violet Frosty, dark lavender with pearls (Frost)
- Deep Truth Very dark blue (Frost)
- Shadowy Dark plum (Matte)
Source: Temptalia, Specktra
This collection which hits the counters and stores on July 3l, includes 11 eyeshadows and 4 kohl powers. The eyesshadows are all frost, but from what I read, they are supposedly a new texture, which should make them easier to work with. Because, as many MAC-aholics know very well, frosts are a b**ch to blend. So these are hopefully easier to work with!
- Dreammaker Frosty yellow gold (frost)
- Grand Entrance Frosty neutral peach beige
- Bold & Brazen Frosty light copper (frost)
- Sunset B. Frosty clean mid-tone pink (frost)
- Lotusland Frosted pinky lavender with gold pearl (frost)
- Talent Pool Frosty blue green with gold pearl (frost)
- Mink & Sable Frosty olive green (frost)
- Smoke & Diamonds Frosty dirty taupe (frost)
- Go Frosted bronze (frost)
- Glamour Check! Frosty reddish brown
- Top Hat Frosty dirty indigo (frost)
- Star By Night Frosty mid-tone blue (frost)
- Raven Intense black with red pearl
- Orpheus Intense black with gold pearl
- Mystery Rich black with green and teal pearl
- Feline Rich black
I am a huge fan of Urban Decay, especially their palettes, which are completely awesome and worth every penny. I have about five or six of them that I have purchased in the past year or so since I was introduced to them.
Anyway I was browsing Kiss&Makeup.TV and they not only have the super excitable scoop on Urban Decay’s fall collection they also have pics of 2 new palettes to make their debut!! Both of these palettes look majorly tempting, and I can PROMISE you that they will make their way into my huge stash when they come out!!
Along with the palettes, Urban Decay is also bringing out a new line of lipsticks, with over 20 new colors.
I’m not very excited for the lipsticks, because I am quite happy with the lippies that I have right now. (Oh, NYX Round and Black Label lipsticks, how I love thee…) But these are part of the new collection, and you need to know about it! Besides the lipstick casing is very. very cute!!
This is just another reason why I CANNOT WAIT until fall!!
This is the third collection that was released with Electro Flash and Sonic Chic on July 10th. These little compacts are quite ingenius, because they are shimmer and matte MSFs combined into one. Like with the other two collections, I’m passing on these because the MSF family does nothing for me.
MSF Duos: (LE) – $26.50USD
- Light Medium Natural and Shimmer – Pale golden beige / Warm yellow beige
- Medium Natural and Shimmer – Soft creamy beige / Light peachy pink
- Medium Dark Natural and Shimmer – Caramel / Light tan
- Dark Natural and Shimmer – Deep caramel / Mid-tone yellow gold
- Deep Dark Natural and Shimmer – Rich golden bronze / Deep copper bronze
- #189 Brush – A uniquely shaped, rounded-paddle Face Brush with chiselled edges on each side for effortless placement and precise blending of product. An ideal tool for use in sculpting the face. Very soft synthetic bristles make it perfect for use on sensitive skins. May be used to apply all M·A·C Mineralize Skinfinish powders, M·A·C Powders, Cream Blush and Cream Colour Base. (LE) – $40.00USD