I have decided to work on a new series starting tomorrow focusing on NYX Cosmetics. I have a ton of NYX that hasn’t been getting nearly enough love from me. I plan on posting new things every day – so there should be at least one post per day – if not more. Even though NYX is still my main focus for a while, I still have obligations to write other reviews of products I have been testing.
So be on the look out
I’ve been really stressed out this past week. I’m waiting to hear back from a job, that would allow me to start my career in the hospitality industry. So my mind hasn’t really been on the blog lately. I also haven’t been hauling, my last one being the ELF Mineral one from the beginning of the month. I hope this explains why I haven’t been around much. I have had a lot on mind, and makeup and other beautyt stuff has been pushed to the back of my mind.
However, I have become inspired by Temptalia and her 30 Days of MUFE products. I am tossing around the idea of doing something like that with NYX or another brand that I have a lot of. What do you guys think? I’m definitely leaning towards NYX or ELF, but I don’t believe that I have enough of ELF to complete an entire month of posts.
Ugh… I’m way too stressed right now to figure this out. I’ll get back to this after I found out about my career…
Name: Q-Tips Vanity Packs
Price: $3 -4 per box
Available: Anywhere Q-Tips are sold
I received these from Total Beauty to review and test. This is the new gimmick product from Q-Tips. It is the same cotton swabs that are found in every household, but these are in a smaller, cuter square box. I was sent all four boxes, all of which had similar floral designs on them. The four main colors were red. orange/yellow, blue and purple. The boxes are definitely cute and do look really good on the vanity, dresser or anywhere else you would want to put them.
However I really don’t feel that these products are worth the price. In one box, you get 285 cotton swabs for $3-4, which doesn’t seem expensive until you realize that you could get a 500 count pack for $1-2 in normal cotton swab packaging. To me, the extra price for a cute box isn’t worth it. Especially since I put them in a cute cup, and place the package of cotton swabs under the sink in the bathroom. If you love the cute box and are willing to pay the price for the vanity pack, then by all means purchase these. I personally won’t be buying these again, and my low-ish rating is for the price of the box, not the product itself.
You can get more reviews on Total Beauty…..
Imagine my surprise when I got a new package in this morning that contained my next set of Total Beauty Sneak Peak program!!! A lot of the times when I get something from Total Beauty, it’s something that I typically wouldn’t be interested in and spend my hard earned money on. Well, this time I was truly excited to receive these items.
I have actually been running low on my fave shampoo and conditioner combo (Aussie Opposites Attract Protect & Soften), and have been dragging my feet on purchasing a new set. Have I mentioned before that I’m really cheap? LOL. Anyway I had been eyeing the new hair care collections that have been coming out from Herbal Essences, even though I didn’t care for Totally Twisted.
So today in the box, I recieved the full line of Herbal Essences new line called “Tousle Me Softly.” I am already loving the deep purple and floral design of the bottles, so I am excited to break into the products tonight.
Here is everything I recieved:
Tousle Me Softly Shampoo
Tousle Me Softly Conditioner
Tousle Me Softly Hairspray Fixtif
Tousle Me Softly Mousse
Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel
Tousle Me Softly Finishing Touch Cream
Everything execpt the Finishing Touch Cream runs for about $3. The Finishing Cream is a little bit more expensive at $5.49 or so. So keep an eye out for future reviews on these products!!!
Here is all my foundations, concealers and powders. I actually rotate what I use, so everything does get some love. I wish I could say the same about my other makeup! Ha!
Aubrey Nicole in Medium Light Natural (Full Coverage)
Femme Couture Mineral Effects in Champagne
Wet N Wild Ultimate Foundation in Stage Light (This from when WnW first released their mineral foundation a few summers ago)
Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired By Carmindy: Your Skin Foundation in Nude Beige (PERFECT MATCH)
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Nude
Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation in Nude
MAC Studio Finish in NC20
The BodyShop Concealer Pencil in 03
NYX Concealer in a Jar in Light, Yellow and Green
Sephora Concealer Palette w/ green, lavender and flesh toned colors.
Femme Couture Flawless Touch Pressed Powder in Light
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in 4-5 Creamy
Maybelline Mineral Power Finishing Veil Powder in Light
Sephora Compact Foundation in D20 Warm Nude
Physician’s Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Corrector in Green
NYC Smooth Skin Translucent Powder
Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired By Carmindy Truly Translucent Powder in Light / Medium
Aromaleigh Ultra – Resolution Finish Powder in Clear
Femme Couture Flawless Touch Brightening Corrective Pen
Femme Couture Mineral Effects Illuminator
L”Oreal Glam Bronze in Illuminator
MAC Pearlizer Sheer Pigment in Good As Gold
Physician’s Formula Virtual Face Powder in Translucent Pearl
Jane Shimmering Blush in Wisteria
Revlon Bare It All Lustrious Powder in Peachy Tease, Buff Love, Goldi-Looks, and Pink A Boo
Wet n Wild Bronzzer in Acapulco Glow
Wet n Wild Silk Finish Blush in All Over Shimmer
Here is a list of my all time favorite scents. The nice thing about this list, is that everything on this list is affordable and easily available to just about everyone.
1. Island Cottage (Details Bath & Body) - Details Bath & Body is a brand that is exclusive to Walgreens and Walgreens.com. Island Cottage is the most gorgeous Gardenia scent that I have ever come across. Island Cottage is available in an array of items including body mist and body wash. The line normally sells for $5.99 for one full sized item or 2 for $10.
2. Fantastic Dream (Preferred Fragrances) – This is probably the hardest to find fragance on this list. This is a knock off version of Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears, and smells identical to the more expensive fragrance. I wear this fragrance everytime I’m in a bad mood, because it automatically makes me happy. I can sniff my wrist all day without getting tired of the scent. Even though this is a knock off version, the staying power of this is outstanding, and I can still smell it at night when I apply it in the morning. This knock off version runs about $4-$5 per bottle at select Dots, Cato’s and Beall’s Outlets. I’ve even seen the real Midnight Fantasy as low as $20 at different places as well.
3. Black Amethyst (Bath & Body Works) – I fell in love with this musky, cirtusy scent when it debuted last year. I find it to be very enjoyable and relaxing. A lot of people don’t like this scent, but I am definitely in the love catergory. I also have the scent in the room fragrance oil and spray. Love it!! This scent is found at Bath & Body Works and the line goes between $9 to $20.
4. Japanese Cherry Blossom (Bath & Body Works) This is another scent from Bath & Body Works that I have loves consistantly for years. This is a spicy floral scent that I just cannot get enough of. I stock up on this scent during every Semi Annual Sale, because I’ll eventually go through everything I have. This scent is found at Bath & Body Works and the line goes between $9 to $20.
5. Soap & Glory (Target) – This scent doesn’t have a name. but anyone who is familar with this brand knows exactly what I’m talking about. This sent isn’t available in a mist or a parfum, but it is available in the body lotion, tub body butter, hand cream, shower cream and the body scrub. I’m not sure how to describe this sent, some have described it as floral, feminine and masquline all at once. I just call it amazing and that everyone needs to smell this stuff. Available from Target in the US and Boots in the UK. Price ranges from $10 to $20 in the stores.
I am really liking the pigmentation of most of these eyeshadows. There are some duds in this group, but the vast majority of them are really awesome. These are definitely comparable to BE eyeshadows, only these are $3 a piece.
I tried as hard as possible to get the clearest swatch pictures. These are very true to life, but as with most swatches photos, you need to see these in person to get the full effect of these.
I was surprised that most of these shadows are very neutral and work appropriate.
All swatched dry on my inner wrist with no base. NC20 skin
Here are some swatches of the ELF Mineral lipsticks that I got in my haul today.
Left to Right
Cool Coral (Coy Coral on the site)
Nicely Nude, Ripe Rose
Coy Coral, Natural Nymph
Here is my ELF Mineral haul that I made at the end of June. I took pics of everything, I didn’t take individual product pics, but I can if you guys want me too.
I used the 5for5mineral code that gave me 50% off all mineral products. I filled my cart with $80 worth mineral product, which gave me Free Shipping and then used the code, which took 50% off. So my entire order came to be $40 with free shipping for everything.
I picked up 22 items all together.
Lipsticks: Left to Right
Cool Coral (Coy Coral on the site)
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer:
Mineral Primer compared to the full sized lipstick:
1. Things you cannot leave the house without: Keys, mp3 player, makeup bag, wallet, purse
2. Favourite brand of Make Up: NYX – for now
3. Favourite flower: Gardenia – scent wise
4. Favourite clothing store: Fashion Bug
5. Favourite perfume: Fantastic Dream – a knock off from a Britney Spears scent
6. Heels or Flats: Flats – I’m nearly 6 ft tall
7. Do you make good grades: Use too. Graduated from college.
8. Favourite colours: Purple, blue green, any jewel tone
9. Do you drink energy drinks: Just Diet Coke and Coke Zero
10. Do you drink juice: Love Orange and Apple juice, and smoothies!!
11. Do you like swimming: Nope
12. Do you eat fries with a fork: Nope
13. Favourite moisturiser: None right now, but something with SPF
14. Do you want to get married later on in life: Marriage isn’t something that interests me
15. Do you get mad easily: Sometimes
16. Are you into ghost hunting? Hell yea!!!
17. Do you have any phobias? I’m somewhat paranoid
18. Do you bite your nails? I used to a lot when I was younger
19. Have you ever had a near death experience? Nope
20. Do you drink coffee? No. Hate the taste